Lucas Richman, conductor
Firefly, composer & performing artist
University of Maine Singers
At long last, Beethoven’s 9th returns to the BSO stage in a burst of joy to conclude the orchestra’s 127th season.
What’s Interesting About This Concert
- Local artist Firefly is a traditional music keeper of the Wabanaki known for his inventive techniques and cutting edge approach to performance art; the BSO has commissioned him to create his first orchestral composition
- Randall Thompson’s Alleluia is traditionally performed at the opening of each season of Tanglewood
- Beethoven’sSymphony No. 9 first premiered in 1824 and has since become a universal anthem of peace and brotherhood across the world
- Randall Thompson | Alleluia
- Firefly | World Premiere
- V. Beethoven| Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125
- University of Maine Singers
- Oratorio Society
- Amy Maples, soprano; Rehanna Thelwell, mezzo-soprano; Dominic Armstrong, tenor; Benjamin LeClair, bass
- Tickets obtainable here.