Building on the success of the Center for Research on Sustainable Forests’ 2020 Science and Practice Forum and 2020–21 Science and Practice Webinar Series, FCCI and FSG are pleased to announce a follow-up series that will address climate change impacts on the different forest types found in Maine through a combination of 1-hour webinars paired with half-day field tours. The webinars will provide an overview of the topics and issues faced at each site: including those related to the intersection of climate adaptation and site-specific biodiversity. Webinars will include time for Q&A and to showcase field tour specifics. The field tours will examine climate impacts and management at each site, lunch is included with registration (fee for each tour: $20). Webinar registration is free.
- Session 1: Penobscot Experimental Forest (Spruce-Fir): Webinar Oct. 27; Field Tour Oct. 29
- Session 2: Holt Research Forest (Oak-Pine): Webinar Dec. 1; Field Tour Dec 3
- Session 3: Schoodic Institute (Coastal Spruce-Fir): Webinar Feb. 23, 2022; Field Tour Feb. 24, 2022
- Session 4: Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust (Mixed Hardwood): Webinar April 27, 2022; Field Tour April 29, 2022
- Session 5: To Be Announced (tentative June 2022)
Visit the website for additional information.
Register here for the 2021-22 Webinar and Field Tour Series.