Overview of FRP Composite Girder Technology: A substitute for steel or concrete bridge girders.
Why is MaineDOT Adopting FRP Technology?
- MDOTs shift to GFRP rebar and FRP composite Arch Bridge technologies and resulting comfort level — why did it make sense?
- Why adopt the GBeam technology so quickly? (History with UMaine and previous FRP experience.)
- What are the primary concerns when adopting new technologies? How are these addressed?
- Why FRP Composite Girders?
Advantages (durability, weight, shipping, installation)
- Initial Development of FRP Composite Girders and proof-of-concept testing
- Girder architecture, Composite Action/Shear Connection, Testing
- Implementation of GBeam and Initial Deployment
Initial design methodology and improvements
- Fabrication overview
- Grist Mill Bridge pilot project — construction benefits
Sponsored by the Transportation Infrastructure Durability Center.
Click here to view the events flyer.