Recipe to Market: Is it for ME? (Ellsworth)
October 29 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
This half-day workshop will introduce participants to important topics that an aspiring entrepreneur needs to consider before starting a food business. Topics that will be presented include: opportunities and challenges of being a food entrepreneur, the specialty food industry, business basics, an overview of the product development process, licensing and regulations, and food safety concerns.
Pre-registration is required for this free workshop: Register on-line.
This workshop will be helpful to a wide range of individuals who are thinking about starting a food business in Maine. Examples include:
- A restaurant owner or chef who wants to market a special chowder to local retail stores
- A person who wants to produce and market a unique chocolate creation developed from an old family recipe
- A retired teacher who wants to create a conserve made from Maine’s wild blueberries and cranberries
- A farmer or gardener who wants to develop and market a special hot sauce and salsa
- A farmer who wants to develop a snack food product