The Maine INBRE Bioinformatics Core and Maine Genomics Research Collaborative is co-hosting a series of these four online NCBI Workshops:
1. An Update on NCBI BLAST and Other Sequence Analysis Tools — Tuesday, Sept. 22 from 2–5 p.m.
2. NCBI Resources for Animal and Plant Genomics Research — Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 2–5 p.m.
3. NCBI Resources for Pathogen (Bacteria & Virus) Genomics Research — Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 2–5 p.m.
4. NCBI Resources for Gene Expression and Genetic Variation Research — Wednesday, Sept. 30 from 2–5 p.m.
These workshops will be given by NCBI Staff, including Drs. Wayne Madden, Peter Cooper and Rena Morris.
You may register for any or all of the free workshops. If you are interested in attending the workshop, contact Benjamin King (email@example.com) in the Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Maine. These workshops are jointly hosted by Maine INBRE and Colorado State University.
NCBI Resources for Gene Expression and Genetic Variation Research
This workshop focuses on NCBI’s web-based resources for accessing gene expression and genetic variation data for non-human organisms. You will learn about NCBI’s gene expression databases, including Gene, GEO, and SRA. You will learn how you can leverage SRA data for your gene expression and genetic variation analyses. We will also briefly discuss NCBI’s analysis and stand-alone tools, such as GEO2R, the Genome Data Viewer (GDV), SRA Toolkit and Magic-BLAST.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
• Find gene-specific expression data in Gene and GEO databases
• Find and explore experimental study information in the GEO database
• Access and analyze SRA data
• Use GDV as a variant analysis too
Click here to view the event flyer.
Sponsored by Maine Genomics Research Collaborative and Maine INBRE Bioinformatics Core.