Curious about what a student sees in your course? Wondering how others are using the tools of Brightspace? Register for the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning‘s Brightspace course visits. Two synchronous sessions are required, one to meet your fellow faculty visitor, and another to share in a discussion. CITL will provide instructions for adding your visitor to your course, and discussion guidelines. Future programs will focus on other aspects of online course design.
How does this work?
The purpose of these observations is to gain insight into the tools of Brightspace, organization, layout and other features you may not have seen in action. Synchronous course observations are not a part of this process.
- Submit your registration form by Oct. 14. When you register, you agree to both visit a course and have your course visited.
- You will be provided a visitor and instructions to add your visitor to your course.
- You will meet to discuss what you would like to receive feedback on (Meeting One).
- You will spend some time (~1hr) as a student migrating through and observing the course tools (intervening week).
- You will follow up with a discussion to share ideas and observations (Meeting Two).
Enrollment will be capped for these sessions, and you must be available on BOTH of the following dates and be willing to spend ~1hr visiting your assigned course.
Monday, Oct. 19 from noon–1:30 p.m.: Meeting One — Orientation and Introductions
Monday, Oct. 26 from noon–1:30 p.m.: Meeting Two — Observations and Feedback